Thursday, August 26, 2010

Keepin' It Local

You've read the stickers.....seen the ads "SHOP LOCAL", so I thought I'd compile a list of my favorite places to "Shop Local". Its a good idea wherever you live and aside from putting money back into your local economy its nice to get out there and meet people in your community!


Lil Rockin Rebels
Started in 2008, they have the coolest of kids clothes and also offer a custom alternative diaper cakes and baby gift registry. I love that you don't see their styles in store and their clothes help add to the uniqueness or our Lil Rebels, LOL!

Or
Become Fan on Facebook





Evolve 108
108 Webster Street
Monterey, CA. 93940

A very hip, green, and eco-friendly boutique that features everything from designer clothing to housewares and unique gifts. Guilt free shopping!

Visit Their Site
OR
Become a Facebook Fan






Beautiful Jean
If you havn't spotted these beautiful designs by Bonnie then you are missing out. Custom and hand crafted hair bands, clips, earrings, and more made with love. Essential for every wardrobe!
Visit Site for shopping and locations
OR
Become a FaceBook Fan






Hollister Speedway
Holy Smokes, where do I start? This places rocks.....or ugh races I guess I should say.Go-kart racing for all ages in a safe and fun environment. My friends and I went for my birthday and had a blast. That was 3 months ago and we have been back several times.
 Visit Site
OR
Become a Facebook Fan




B's Coffee House
188 Country Club Gate Center
Pacific Grove, CA 93950MMMMMM, my lil piece of heaven on earth. I favor the chai tea latte but "B" and his crew have all the traditional flavorings to choose from and a few secret one's up their sleeve. Do yourself a favor and treat yourself to a cup of yum!
Become a Facebook Fan!

Malibu By The Sea
Monterey, CA, 93940
Another one of my "happy places"
Aside from all the "no tanning hype", a girl's gotta do what a girl's gotta do. They cant take away all of our vices. They have spectacular spray tan for a guilt free way to glow and for us traditional tanners they have plenty of beds and the oh so lovely Matrix! 
They are always running some kind of special so be sure to ask!
Become a FaceBook Fan
Paris Bakery
Monterey, CA, 93940
Honestly I dont know anyone who hasnt had a mild obsession with this place. My favorites are the almond or apple croissants but their selection is wonderfully overwhelming and always fresh. Get their early (I mean EARLY) and you might even get some still warm from the oven!
Become a FaceBook Fan

No comments:

Post a Comment