Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Favorite Fall Recipe

Chocolate Pumpkin Cupcakes

Ingredients
-1/2 canola oil
-1 cup pastry flour
-1/3 cup cocoa powder ( I like the kind from Trader Joe's)
-2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice (also from Trader Joe's)
-1 teaspoon baking powder
-1/2 teaspoon of baking soda
-1/4 teaspoon of salt
-1 cup of sugar
-2 eggs
- 1 (15 ounce0 can of pumpkin puree
-1 teaspoon vanilla extract

Method
Preheat oven to 350, line muffin pan with festive muffin cups or grease pan. Set Aside

In a large bowl whisk together flour, cocoa powder, pumpkin pie spice, baking powder, baking soda, and salt. In a separate bowl whisk together oil, sugar, eggs, pumpkin and vanilla. Slowly whisk flour mixture until well combined then transfer to prepared pan.

bake approximately 13-17 minutes, until toothpick inserted comes out clean. Set aside, let cool before frosting.

Frosting
-1/2 cup butter, softened
-4 (3 ounce) packages cream cheese, softened
-2 cups of sugar
-1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
-1 teaspoon of vanilla extract


I've heard of some people putting chocolate chips in it or baking it into a cake or even a bread loaf and sprinkling powdered sugar on top instead of the frosting. let me know how yours turn out!

2 comments:

  1. I am making this right now and I can't WAIT to see how it turns out. Sounds amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have been trying to make a great cream cheese frosting for awhile, and this might be the best I have made. Add in the amazing cupcake, and it's my new favorite. Thanks!!

    ReplyDelete