Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Falling in Love with Fall!

Delicious autumn!  My very soul is wedded to it, and if I were a bird I would fly about the earth seeking the successive autumns.  ~George Eliot


First Day of Autumn: Wednesday Sept. 22


MMMM, this my most favorite time of year....and it has nothing to do with it being football season. I am more festive and at peace in the fall then any other season. Today I did my autumn ritual of buying fall scented candles, fall scented lip gloss, got the last of the Halloween costume accessories, Halloween candy, and decorated for fall. I got JoJo his Thanksgiving outfit and some fall ensembles. I just LOVE the smell of fall, inside and outside. We had our first fire in the fireplace last week and soon Starbucks will be selling their fantastic Gingerbread latte, LOL. I do hope JoJo loves fall as much as I. My husband has learned to love fall because to him that equals baking season, for some reason I bake a lot of goodies in the fall!
Anyhow not to leave the kiddies out here are some of my favorite fun activities to do with the wee-ones…..

-Plant some flowers or veggies
-have a picnic
-star gaze
-visit your local orchard to pick what is in season
-stuff a scarecrow


The coolest thing on our latest bug walk was releasing ladybugs into the garden. I didn’t know you can buy ladybugs at most garden stores like Osh/Home depot or your local nursery. They are great for any garden and the best time to release them is at night, early morning and right after you have watered!
The kids had such a fun time with the ladybugs!

The pumpkin patches opened last weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment