Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Autumn Stew

I call this Autumn Stew because......well I make it every Autumn and into winter, also known as the "croc pot season"!
Anyhow, I just throw these ingredients together so for the recipe I did my best to put the ingredients into specific measurments, LOL. No really it will turn out great in your Slow Cooker.

Ingredients:
-1 lb Boneless Pork Shoulder Roast
-1 Table Spoon of Cooking Oil
-3-4 medium sweet potatos
-1 large yellow onion
-1/3 cup dried apples
-4 carrots
- 2 celery stalks
-2 teaspoons dried/crushed sage
-1 tablespoon of quick cooking tapioca
-1/4 teaspoon cardamom
-1 teaspoon pepper
-1/3 cup brown sugar
-2 cups chicken broth
1 cup of apple cider or apple juice

Method
 -Cut pork into 1-2 inch pieces, trimming fat
-In large skillet heat cooking oil, brown meat and drain grease
-slice carrots, celery and onions. ( I like the onions fairly large in the stew)
-cut sweet potato into 2 inch cubes
-put vegetables in slow cooker
-top with meat
-sprinkle dried sage, tapioca, cardamom, pepper, and brown sugar
-pour chicken broth and apple cider over all
-Cook on high 4 hours or low for 7-8 hours

VOILA!

No comments:

Post a Comment