Monday, November 1, 2010

Halloween Hangover

The candy is hidden, the costume is washed and put away, and I have worked all day to try and get some good food into my son. I forgot how much I love this holiday but I'm also glad to see it go, if only for the fear of diabetes, LOL!
Anyhow I whipped up a batch of playdough today. I know what your thinking...."homemade playdough, YUCK". Well let me just say that it has come a long way since we were kids and the secret is cream of tartar. Don't ask me why but it works. It dosn't stink, it dosn't dry out in two hours like the kind from when we were kids and if you refrigerate it after they play with it, it will last up to a month!
Anyhow, here ya go....

Good Ole Playdough
Ingredients:
3 cups flour
3 cups boiling water
1 1/2 cups salt
6 tsp cream of tartar
3 TBS cooking oil
food coloring
Directions:
  • Mix all dry ingredients together plus the cooking oil. Once well blended, add boiling water. Stir dough mixture until it leaves the sides of the bowl. Remove and knead well on floured board. Store in an airtight container and refrigerate.
You can add glitter to it for extra sparkle!
For smooth coloring add the food coloring to the oil and water first.
Here is a picture of JoJo and his friends in art class playing with the playdough, I didnt take pictures at home today....my battery died from trick or treating, LOL

No comments:

Post a Comment