Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Fun and Kid Friendly Dinner

My little monkey loves pizza so much but I can only, in good conscience make him so many frozen pizza's a week without feeling like a bad mommy. Last week I thought we'd make our own and only after I was getting out all my ingredients did I realize he can help out too! I got him a stool and let him play with his own piece of dough while I rolled mine out and he even sprinkled some cheese. Older kids can help out a lot more and its fun to have a assortment of toppings to choose from!
We made pesto pizza with bacon, olives, sweet italian sausage, sweet onions, and LOTS of cheese.
JoJo of course had plain cheese but the whole wheat dough from Trader Joe's and the fresh products made me feel a little better about indulging him his favorite dinner!
VOILA!!!
Ok, they don't look very pretty, I have to work on my dough rolling skills but it tasted fantastic!

No comments:

Post a Comment